Looking for something new to bake this weekend? These cookies, made with our vegan, all-fruit mincemeat, are deliciously sweet with sugar, savory from the raisins, apples, and spices in the all-fruit mincemeat, and golden-brown crisp with every bite.
These cookies are adapted from a recipe shared by Helene Corona Wallace, who received it from her mother, Minnie S. Corona of Canastota, NY. We’d love to see how you cook with mincemeat—tell us how you use it in the comments below!
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cup flour
- 1.5 tsp. baking powder
- 12 oz. Farmer Street Pantry All-Fruit Mincemeat
- Cream together shortening and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time. Add vanilla.
- Stir in flour and baking powder until just combined. Cover dough in plastic wrap, press into a disc, and chill at least one hour.
- Dough will be delicate; flour it well and roll into a rectangle between two sheets of parchment or wax paper to 1/8 inch thickness.
- Cut dough into 2 to 2.5 inch squares. Place a rounded tsp. of Farmer Street Pantry All-Fruit Mincemeat in the center. Bend two opposite corners over the filling until the tips are crossed; pinch together. Place cookies on two parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Bake in a preheated 350° oven for 20-25 minutes until edges and bottom are golden brown, rotating sheets halfway through baking. Do not over brown.
- Cool on racks. Dust with confectioner's sugar.
- Share and enjoy!