Thanks to the growing number of local distilleries in Central New York, we’re experiencing a Rennaissance of fantastic local cocktails made with local craft liquors and CNY-grown fruits. We developed this cocktail, named after the sour Montmorency cherries that make up the base of our Spiced Cherries, to highlight local whiskey, local cherries, and the local maple syrup that sweetens so many of our products. The flavors make you feel almost like you’re in a hip, underground speakeasy, listening to jazz and sipping on a craft cocktail. Pick up our Spiced Cherries and enjoy!
New York Montmorency Sour
- Cocktail shaker
- 3 oz whiskey rye, bourbon, Scotch, etc.
- 1 oz fresh lemon juice strained
- 1 oz simple syrup equal parts sugar and water, boiled and cooled
- 2 oz juice from Farmer Street Pantry Spiced Cherries strained
- 8 spiced cherries
- 1 lemon peel garnish
- Prepare simple syrup using 1.5 tbsp water and 1.5 tbsp sugar. Heat, then measure 1 oz (2 tbsp) strained Spiced Cherries to retain juice. Reserve 8 cherries. Juice one lemon and strain juice, measuring 1 oz (2 tbsp) lemon juice. Peel one strip of lemon peel for garnish.
- Fill two rocks glasses half full with ice and 4 reserved cherries per glass. Fill cocktail shaker half full with ice.
- Into cocktail shaker, add whiskey, lemon juice, simple syrup, and Spiced Cherry juice. Cover and shake for 20-30 seconds until the entire shaker is frosted. Remove cover and strain into the two prepared glasses. Garnish with lemon peel. Adjust flavors to taste and enjoy!