SPICED CHERRIES WITH MAPLE SYRUP AND RED WINE
We hand-fill this mouth-watering blend of New York State Montmorency cherries, pure maple syrup, Finger Lakes red wine, balsamic vinegar, and black pepper into jars with labels by Marty Blake Design. Use it with soft cheeses, pâtés, on ice cream, with roasted pork, duck, or turkey, or in drinks and smoothies.
Clicking this button will take you to our page at Nelson Farms Country Store.
Cherries (pitted and stemmed), maple syrup, water, red wine, balsamic vinegar, fruit pectin, black pepper.
Spiced Cherries Nutrition Facts, 13 oz jar
Serving Size 1/5 cup or approx. 12 cherries with liquid (45g)
Servings Per Container 5
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories70||Calories from Fat 0|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 0g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 16g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber < 1g||3%|
|Vitamin A 8%||Vitamin C 2%|
|Calcium 2%||Iron 2%|
Suggested retail price
13 oz. glass jar $10.95
8 oz. glass jar $7.95
Pork Loin with Spiced Cherries & Mustard Sage Sauce
- 2–3 lbs. pork loin
- ½ c. stock or water
- 1 tsp. prepared Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- Juice from ½ c. Spiced Cherries
- 2 Tb. butter
- 2 Tb. heavy cream
- Salt and pepper
- 1 Tb. chopped fresh sage
- Roast meat in 375° pre-heated oven until it reaches internal temp of 150°, approx. 45–60 minutes.
- Remove meat from oven and remove from pan. Keep meat warm on separate plate.
- Add stock or water to roasting pan and reduce on stovetop by half.
- Add prepared mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and juice from Spiced Cherries.
- Reduce one minute, add butter, heavy cream, salt and pepper to taste.
- Add drained cherries and simmer for one minute.
- Top sliced roast with cherry sauce and garnish with chopped fresh sage leaves. Serves 4.
Also try Spiced Cherries with:
- Soft cheeses such as goat, ricotta, cottage, Camembert
- Pâté, duck, swordfish.
- Ham and cheese sandwich.
- Cake, fruit salad, or in a trifle.
- Ice cream or sorbet, puddings.
- Cocktail: Pour a shot of Spiced Cherry juice and a shot of whiskey over ice and stir. Sip slowly.