You’ve heard of zucchini bread, and you’ve heard of applesauce muffins, but have you ever tried them together? This recipe, adapted from Linda Hafner’s Simple, Fresh and Healthy: A Collection of Seasonal Recipes, uses our Applesauce, which is lightly sweetened with pure maple syrup, is easy to make and tastes absolutely delicious. If you’ve got an extra zucchini and a jar of applesauce laying around, give it a try!
Linda Hafner’s Zucchini Muffins with Applesauce
- 2 cup flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 tsp. cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup Farmer Street Pantry Applesauce
- 1.5 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. lemon extract
- 2 cup grated zucchini
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Combine wet ingredients: eggs, oil, Farmer Street Pantry Applesauce, sugar, vanilla, and lemon in a large bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to egg mixture and stir gently to combine.
- Stir in zucchini, then the raisins and walnuts.
- Pour into lined muffin tins (about 2/3 full).
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in a muffin comes out clean.